Dr. Jiang’s primary appointment is as a professor in the Department of Biological Sciences. He is also the scientific director of the Purdue Cryo-EM Facility. In addition, he is a member of the Purdue Center for Cancer Research (PCCR), Purdue Institute for Drug Discovery(PIDD), Purdue Institute of Inflammation, Immunology and Infectious Disease (PI4D).
Dr. Jiang has a B.S. in Physics from Peking University, M.S. in Biophysics from the Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy and Sciences, and Ph.D./Postdoc in Cryo-EM with Prof. Wah Chiu from Baylor College of Medicine.
Since our interdisciplinary research projects span a wide range of areas from wet lab, instruments, to computing, we welcome candidates with a background in biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, or computer sciences, etc. Each of the lab members could choose to specialize in a topic of his/her interest while having opportunities to interact with colleagues of complementary expertise. If you are self-motivated and interested in the research done in our lab, please contact Dr. Wen Jiang at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV attached.
- Graduate students: We are looking for Ph.D. students through the graduate programs of Department of Biological Sciences, and/or the PULSe program
- Postdocs: Currently not available
- Undergraduate students: Undergraduate student(s) from any department at Purdue can be accepted to participate in a research project in the group. We prefer freshmen/sophomore year students who are interested in computational studies and with good academic standing (GPA>3.5)
- Sam Nemeth – Undergraduate student
- Brenda Gonzalez – Ph.D. student. Currently an application scientist at Refeyn company
- Angela Agnew – Undergraduate student. Currently a Ph.D. student at UCLA
- Hannah Pletcher – Undergraduate student. Currently a Ph.D. student at Washington University in St Louis
- Manali Ghosh – Postdoc. Currently the Global STEM Operations Director for WINStep Forward (WSF)
- Rui Yan – Ph.D. student. Currently a Staff Scientist at the Janelia Cryo-EM Facility of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI)
- Kunpeng Li – Postdoc. Currently the Director of Cryo-EM Facility at Case Western U.
- Guimei Yu – Ph.D. student. Currently a faculty at Tianjin Medical University
- Fei Guo – Postdoc. Currently the Director of Cryo-EM Facility at UC Davis
- Zheng Liu – Postdoc. Currently a Research Associate Professor at The Chinese Unversity of Hongkong, Shenzhen
- Feng Wang – Postdoc. Currently a Senior Vice President at Wuxi Biortus Biosciences Co. Ltd.
- Weimin Wu – Postdoc. Currently a Research Scientist at NIH
- Ping-an Fang – Postdoc. Currently a Research scientist at U. Pittsburgh
- Min Su – Postdoc. Currently the Director of Cryo-EM Facility at U. Michigan
- Teepanis Chachiyo – Postdoc. Currently a Professor at Naresuan University